I like shopping and one of the things that I like to do online is to find cool stuff, it could either be outta this world gadget (unique accessories, crazy decor, etc) or cheap things that are not so tight on my budget. Well, the latter is the most important aspect for me to decide whether to buy a certain product online or not. LOL!One of the things that most online shoppers do before acquiring things online is to check whether the site is a legit one or not in other words we all try to avoid scam site. Most of us already know Ebay, Amazon, QVC and Target which are the most legit online stores on the web although, you can still be scammed in ebay if the seller has a very low trust rate. There are hundreds or thousands stores online so it is easy to bump into a certain site that sells a product that you might need or like.
There is this site that I happen to get noticed months ago but I haven’t had the guts to try until recently. The site is called DealExtreme.
Deal Extreme is known for selling gadgets online, from computer and cellphone accessories to card reader, usb, and Bluetooth that can only cost for as low as $2. They also have a small micro SD which they sold for as low as $1.05. The cheapest item they sell is their Flat to Round Power Plug Convertor which only costs $0.89. But what makes me want to purchase from them is their Free Shipping policy worldwide.
And so I did! I made my first transaction last January 15, 2012 and I expected for the item to be sent after 3-4 months. Yes. That long. 😀 It’s a bit crazy to wait for an item that long but according to dealextreme forum it was just normal since they don’t charge for shipping.
The above image is the Status Tracking of my order ~ from January 15 until March 3 they have made some notification of the status of the goods I purchased.
Then finally, on April 10 the item becomes available for pick-up at my local post office (customs) where I paid 45 pesos ($1) for custom fee.
Pros of buying gadgets at DealExtreme;
- Items are cheap. I mean really cheap!
- I got the item in good quality, meaning it is worth the price compared if I am going to buy the item locally which is three or four times its value
- Free shipping worldwide – Dealextreme can ship items to the Philippines
- They have status update, customer live chat and forum to get help with your order
- Free shipping vs. Time of delivery – although they offer free shipment of goods worldwide, the waiting period is just insane! From 2 weeks to 4 months? Really. Are you willing to wait that long?
- Some items are out-of-stock (which is the prime reason why your goods aren’t processed yet)
The only suggestion I can give you if you are planning to buy thru DealExtreme is to have patience! lots of it! LOL. If you want to buy some gift items in bulk like giveaways and such, DealExtreme can provide you different items that are very affordable but, take into consideration the time you want them to be delivered. Read reviews and commentaries of people who actually tried the products themselves which can be seen from their website.